Recipe by: Patti LaBelle
Total Time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 8 servings
For The Lemon Aioli
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
For The Cakes
- 12 steamed lobster claws (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 c. gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. grapeseed or other neutral oil
- Make Lemon Aioli: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add hot pepper if desired.
- Remove meat from lobster claws and finely dice, then set aside. Fill a large bowl with water and several ice cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, bread crumbs, seasoned salt, black pepper, and 1/4 cup lemon aioli. Mix together until firm enough to form patties. Shape mixture into 8 small patties, about 2” – 3” in diameter and slightly mounded in the center.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add patties and cook until lightly golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately with remaining lemon aioli.
*not all ingredients are available at The Care