We respect the confidentiality of your personal information. We are committed to ensure that all personal data in our possession or control is stored safely and securely, and to prevent unauthorized access and use of your personal information.
a. Personally Identifiable Information
We will collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address. We collect these information when you create an account, enter a sweepstake, sign up for newsletters, participate in a survey, contact customer service or otherwise interact with this website. We may use your personally identifiable information for all legal purposes, which may include, but are not limited to, responding to your requests, processing your transactions, for administrative purposes such as conducting contests, tracking which parts of the Site are of interest to you, processing prizes. If you choose to opt-in, we may share your personally identifiable information with our subsidiaries or affiliated entities for purposes of sending you information about the programmes of The Care or its Affiliated Entities and, occasionally, sending you advertising/promotional material from some of their advertising and strategic partners. We may also process your personally identifiable information for internal business purposes, such as optimising Site experiences and analysing and managing our businesses.
b. Demographic Information
We may also collect demographic data, such as your date of birth, gender and postcode. Demographic data may be used to tailor your unique experience at this Site, such as showing you content including special events and advertising that you might be interested in, and displaying the content according to your postcode.
On occasion, aggregate information that does not identify any particular user may be compiled and shared with subsidiaries and affiliates of The Care strategic partners, merchants and advertisers.
c. Passive Collection of Non-Personal Information
This Site often requires the use of encrypted or unencrypted cookies. Cookies are data that a web server transfers to an individual’s computer for recordkeeping purposes. Cookies are an industry standard used by most websites and help facilitate users’ ongoing access to and use of a particular website, for example by providing information used to deliver content specific to your interests and for other purposes, such as security and other account administrative functions, and which may track personal identifying information.
The Care might also collect “referrers” information, IP addresses and various environmental variables.
- A “referrer” is information the web browser passes along to our web servers that references the URL from which you came.
- The “IP address” is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you.
- “Environmental variables” include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed this site, type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit this Site, the names of the pages you visit while at this Site and the Internet address of the website you then visit.
This information is collected The Care internal use such as to improve website security, to detect broad demographic trends, to assist us in providing content tailored to your interests and to otherwise enhance your experience on this Site. This information may also be shared with third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis.
Our affiliated co-operatives and us may use, disclose and/or process any personal information provided by you to facilitate transactions, and to keep you informed of updates, changes, and developments relating to us. The include but not limited to:
- administering and maintaining your account with us;
- processing and fulfilling your order for goods and services purchased from us;
- verifying and processing payment and/or credit control when you purchase goods and services from us;
- engaging third party service providers to perform certain aspects of services provided by us;
- unless you notify us in writing that you do not wish to receive such information, sending you information from time to time through e-mail and post about our products and services, promotions and special offers, upcoming events and other information which may be of interest to you;
- customer profiling, market analysis, and research to improve our product and service offerings to you;
- Informing you on matters relating to your account with us, including administering any membership benefits and entitlements;
- responding to queries or feedback from you;
- enforcing our legal rights and remedies; and
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent.
In compliance with the PDPA 2012, we will not send marketing messages to Singapore telephone numbers or Singapore facsimile numbers belonging to you unless you have given us clear and unambiguous consent to do so. If you have previously given us consent, we will continue to send you marketing messages until you advise us in writing that you wish to withdraw the consent.
- Any affiliate, subsidiary or partner of The Care
- Our technology, marketing and logistics service providers
- Credit card and payment processing companies
You have the liberty to access and change your personal information at any time on our website.