Heat together strawberry preserves and lemon juice until smooth and thick then brush it over fresh strawberries on top of your cooled and beautiful cheesecake.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 Hours 30 Minutes
Number of Servings: 12 servings
- 3 (8-oz. blocks) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Sliced strawberries, for garnish
For the Crust
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the Sauce
- 1 c. strawberry preserves
- 2 tsp. water (or lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 325º and grease a 9” springform pan with cooking spray. Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add eggs and beat until combined, then add sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Make crust: Stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt until completely moist. Spray a 9” springform pan with cooking spray and press graham mixture into prepared pan until packed. Pour cheesecake mixture over crust.
- Bake until slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool 1 hour in oven, then refrigerate until completely cool, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Make glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberry preserves and lemon juice. Whisk constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Top the cheesecake with strawberries, then brush the glaze over strawberries. Slice into wedges and serve cold.
*not all ingredients are available at The Care