Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Calories per Serving: 423 calories
Number of Servings: 6
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 12 oz. broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 450g diced chicken breast
- 1.5 cups shredded carrots
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.25 cups parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta according to package directions in salted water. In the final 2 to 3 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli and cauliflower florets. Drain the pasta but reserve 1/2 of the cup of pasta water in case you need it in step 6.
- Return the pasta and vegetables to the cooking pot and set them aside.
- To a large skillet, add in the olive oil, chicken, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, onions, salt, pepper, and stir until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and stir it for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and carrot mixture to the large pot with the cooked pasta, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Add in the spinach, cheeses, and stir until the cheese has all melted and the spinach has wilted. Taste and check for seasoning balance and if necessary, add additional salt and/or pepper. Serve immediately. The recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
*not all ingredients are available at The Care