Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Calories per Serving: 737 calories
Number of Servings: 4 – 5
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 3 medium jalapénos seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 2-inch fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 800 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Chop Spices Finely
Reserve 2 tbsp of the cilantro leaves and place the rest of the cilantro, jalapeños, ginger in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Saute Spices with Onions and Peppers
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook the ginger mixture for 2 minutes or until fragrant and season with kosher salt. Add the onion and red bell pepper and cook until softened for about 5 minutes.
- Cook Chicken
Add the coconut milk and soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and the remaining salt and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes, and so the sauce thickens.
- Serve with Rice and Garnish
Spoon rice into bowls and serve with the ginger chicken. Garnish with the remaining cilantro leaves, green onion, and sliced serrano peppers.
*not all ingredients are available at The Care